I know that it sounds quite mischievous, but it is the season for these types of indulgences after all. Unless, you are like me and lack the willpower to avoid making them after the holidays. In that case, your addiction may require some intervention. Nonetheless, I have a feeling that you will be quite pleased with these little pieces of heaven. Rich and creamy Nutella with toasted hazelnut pieces combined with smooth and luxurious cream cheese make for a culinary gem. And to add to the joy that these no-bake treats bring, they are incredibly simple to make, requiring only a couple of minutes of preparation. Simply good all around.
INGREDIENTS/ MAKES ABOUT 24 FUDGE BARS
300 gr. (1 cup) Nutella
160 gr. (1 cup) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
396 gr. (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon butter
pinch of salt
226 gr. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
125 gr. (1/2 cup) sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons icing sugar
100 grams (1 cup) lightly toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Begin by combining your Nutella, chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter and salt in a saucepan. Stir over low heat just until the mixture is smooth.
- Turn off the heat and stir in about half of the crushed toasted hazelnuts.
- Pour your chocolate mixture into a rectangular, 33 by 23 cm baking pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the surface with a baking paddle or offset spatula. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir your cream cheese until smooth. Combine the sour cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar and mix until soft and well combined.
- With an offset spatula, smooth the cream cheese mixture over the top of the chocolate.
- And top with the remaining hazelnuts.
- Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and keep chilled until just before serving. Cut into bars of your liking with a long sharp knife.