I have been attempting to create a recipe that combines two of my favorite desserts; cheesecake and pumpkin cake, and all while requiring little time and effort. After some experimenting, I found just the perfect combination of ingredients. Here are my absolutely decadent pumpkin cheesecake truffles. Made with smooth cream cheese, pumpkin, cookie crumbs, and rich spices, you get all of the flavors of the two desserts in one luscious bite. The only difficult part of this recipe is having the willpower to not eat all of the truffles by yourself!
INGREDIENTS/ MAKES ABOUT 14 TRUFFLES
2 1/3 cups/230 gr. ground digestive wheat biscuits or graham crackers (about 10 cookies)
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
8 oz./226 gr. cream cheese, divided
1 cup/ 175 gr. chopped white chocolate, melted
ground hazelnuts, for topping
1. Grind your cookies or graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground.
2. In a bowl, combine pumpkin puree, vanilla, powdered sugar, spices, and half of your cream cheese. Stir until combined and smooth.
3. Add the cookie crumbs to the mixture and knead with your hands until fully incorporated.
4. Add the rest of the cream cheese to the truffle mixture, but knead the dough only a few times to create a swirl effect.
5. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to make the dough more manageable.
6. Shape into truffles and dip into the melted white chocolate. Top with ground hazelnuts or sea salt. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and leave to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.