Vibrant and nutty pistachios, plump and juicy medjool dates, and smooth dark chocolate are the only ingredients you’ll need for these simple pleasures. Beautiful, gourmet, and effortless, these treats are one of the easiest delicacies you will ever make. Whether you prepare them in batches to give to your loved ones as gifts or make them to feed your own indulgences, they are destined to become a new favorite. These sweet, chewy, sticky morsels of love have already conquered our hearts.
And if the simplicity of preparation and ingredients wasn’t enough to convince you, then the fact that they are made out of dates should. Dates are a great source of essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and natural sugar, making these nutritious treats perfect for any time of the day. The addition of pistachios and melt in your mouth extra-dark chocolate can only make it all better. I have a feeling that you’ll be quite pleased.
If you give this recipe a try, do let me know how you liked it in the comments section below or use the tag #hanadykitchen on Instagram. We love hearing your feedback! Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS/ MAKES 14
1 cup (100 gr.) shelled pistachios
7 plump medjool dates, pits removed
50 gr. (1.75 oz.) solid dark chocolate, chopped
1. Pulse the pistachios in a high powered food processor until ground. Add the dates with a small pinch of salt* and pulse just until the mixture comes together into a thick paste. Or alternatively, for a greener result, blitz the dates and pistachio pieces at the same time for a few minutes, or until the pistachios have grounded finely and the mixture holds together.
2. Using a measuring tablespoon, spoon out 12-14 pieces of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Use your finger to press into the middle of each ball to form a crater. Set aside.
3. Heat your chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, just until it’s mostly melted. Remove from the heat and stir a bit more to melt any remaining solids. Using a small spoon, stream the chocolate into each crater until full. Sprinkle the tops of the date bites with ground pistachios for garnish.
4. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes to harden. Roll the sides of the energy bites in ground pistachios for a decorative touch and let them come to room temperature before serving for best taste and texture. Store in the refrigerator for up to a few days for extra freshness.
* For depth and balance, add a pinch of salt to the mixture, optional.