Fluffy coconut macaroons with a moist and flavorful inside. The perfect treat for vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and regular diets alike. They are sweet, rich, and infused with orange blossom water for an Eastern Mediterranean twist. It is also worth mentioning that they are fiber-rich due to the coconut flour and coconut pieces. A most delicious and indulgent treat!
I don’t think you’ll see coconut macaroons the same way after having these. This is my absolute favorite dessert at the moment and I have a feeling that it will not be too long before you feel the same way.
I would love to know how you enjoyed this recipe. If you give it a try, leave me a comment down below or share your photo with me on my @hanadykitchen Instagram.
INGREDIENTS/ MAKES 10-11 MACAROONS
1 cup (100 gr.) organic unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup (25 gr.) coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon orange blossom water, optional
pinch of salt
1/3 cup (50 gr.) dark chocolate (70 percent cocoa solid or greater), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Blitz all of the ingredients (except the chocolate) in a food processor for a few minutes or until the mixture is well combined and begins to come together. Taste for sweetness and adjust the honey to your taste. I use the amount stated in the recipe.
3. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, shape into a ball, and press down only slightly on your baking pan to flatten the bottom. Repeat these steps for all of the macaroons.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the tops of the macaroons are lightly golden. In the meantime, melt your dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat while stirring. Once the majority of the chocolate has melted, turn off the heat. This should only take about 2 minutes. Set aside.
5. Cool the macaroons on wire rack for about 10 minutes before drizzling the melted chocolate over them. Eat right away or let the chocolate to set.